Keep Up To Date, Stay Ahead & Maximise Results With Relevant, Targeted Multi-Channel Strategies For Delivering High-Impact, On-Trend, Engaging Digital & Social Communications
Accelerate Your Digital Performance With The Most Business-Critical New Breakthroughs In: Multi-Channel Journeys • Social Media Trends & Engagement • Facebook • Instagram • WhatsApp • Social Platforms Q&A • Measurement & ROI • Brand Engagement • Engaging Content • Current & Future Trends & The Latest Technologies Panel • Targeting & Data • Email • Video • Optimising Budgets & Results
08.30 Registration & Coffee& Enter Your Business Card In Our Competition To Win £100 John Lewis Vouchers
Register grab a coffee and meet and greet your fellow attendees and share your major challenges, goals and objectives for the day.
08.50 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction & Morning Chair’s Opening Remarks
Digital Marketing Director
09.15 “Meet The Delegates”
Get to know your fellow attendees: Introduce yourself to your neighbours and share your digital communication challenges and goals.
09.20 Optimising Digital As Part Of The Multi-Channel Mix: Maximising The Value Of Digital Channels & Touchpoints To Engage Customers Throughout The Entire Journey
- From webchat to email, traditional to mobile, how can brands use multi-channel strategies to engage customers through their entire journey and ensure the best possible interaction and value at each touchpoint?
- Insights into identifying the best channels for your target audience and the key messages you want to portray whilst keeping in mind the less digitally engaged
- Effectively bringing together different channels and driving offline to online to create a joined-up, trackable multi-channel journey to optimise the customer experience
- What’s next? Analysing the new channels and platforms coming through to find innovative ways of communicating for optimum audience response
Head of SEO & Content
SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS & ENGAGEMENT
09.40 Harnessing The Latest Social Media Trends To Maximise & Maintain Engagement & Prove The Benefits Of Social Media Investment
- Keeping up to date with the latest social media customer trends to ensure your brand communications remain current and engaging
- What data is relevant and can help direct future strategy when comes to analysing social media results and proving the ROI?
- Do something different! Taking advantage of innovative new platform features and creative content ideas to deliver high performing communications on the right platform for your audience and objectives
- Getting a goals-oriented strategy in place to ensure you’re not just using social media platforms for the sake of it but that there are real, demonstrable benefits of investing time and resources
- What’s next for social media? A look to the future: which platforms are on the rise, how is paid social developing and what are the likely changes to affect brand communications?
Head of Audience
Manchester Evening News
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS FOCUS
10.00 INSTAGRAM: Top Tips For Harnessing Instagram Stories & Social Influencers To Support Marketing Activity
Head of Marketing, Blackpool Cluster
10.15 WHATSAPP: How Can Brands Make The Most Of WhatsApp & The Communications Opportunities Presented?
Digital & Experiential Designer
10.30 Joint Q&A Panel
Exploring the latest audience trends on established and emerging social media platforms to identify new opportunities for brand digital communications
10.50 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking & Social Media Discussion Zones
11.20 It’s Not Your Journey It’s Theirs. Beyond The Map To Actionable Journey Insight
Many businesses are ‘mapping the customer journey’ to better understand their customers. The trouble is that current journey thinking is flawed; It’s not actionable and therefore, while well intentioned, is failing to meet customer needs.
Only by realizing that a customer journey isn’t a fixed process and by acknowledging that the customer is in charge can brands truly engage with their customers.
In this session, we’ll debunk customer journey myths, introduce the customer-managed journey concept and look at who’s doing it right.
MEASUREMENT & ROI
11.35 Hear the chair’s top tips for effectively measuring the impact and ROI of your digital communications – what innovative approaches are the PZ Cussons team using and how does it work?
- Proving the tangible benefits of different channels with best-practice approaches to tracking and measuring the customer journey across multiple touchpoints to clearly attribute results and conversions
- Identify relevant KPIs for your objectives: advice on setting smart, realistic and measurable goals for what you want to achieve to keep driving your strategy forward
- Beyond the basic stats on number of clicks, views, likes or shares, how can we evaluate actual impact and demonstrate the ROI of digital communications?
- Make sense of all the data! Effectively collating analytics from different channels and social media platforms for meaningful, relevant results to inform future strategies and budget allocation
- Exploring the best metrics for reviewing value for money to ensure you are focusing efforts and investment in the right digital channels
Digital Marketing Director
12.05 Successful Strategies For Creating & Maintaining Brand Awareness & Real Customer Engagement In The Evolving Digital Landscape
- What are the secrets to delivering successful, engaging digital campaigns in today’s market?
- Embracing innovation and creativity to find effective new ways of engaging customers through multi-channel digital communications
- Leveraging digital communications to build, maintain and nurture relationships with potential and existing customers and drive brand affinity and engagement
- Build on brand awareness! Develop strong brand recognition on digital channels to increase customer retention and maximise results
Group Digital Marketing Manager
Kier Group plc
12.25 Bring Your Digital Communications To Life With Quick Wins For Crafting Fresh, Relevant & Engaging Digital Content
- Quality or quantity? Best-practice advice for balancing conflicting content priorities and finding what really works for your organisation
- Discovering the right tone of voice for your organisation and taking advantage of the role content can play in joining up different channels to ensure clear, consistent messages which resonate with your audience and drive results
- You’ve created some great content, what next? From the most effective platform to post it on to the best captions and hashtags to use, what works best when it comes to content strategies?
- Harnessing the latest innovations in content marketing to bring your communications to life and stand out in the digital space
Head of Communications & Marketing
Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
12.45 Lunch & Informal Networking For Delegates, Speakers & Partners
13.15 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions
A) Optimising SEO
Mike Deyes, Deputy Director of Marketing, University of Liverpool
B) Blogging & Influencers
Michaela Morris, Head of Digital Governance, Barclays UK
C) Engaging Mobile Strategies
Caroline Dawson, Formerly Senior Manager, Head of Communications, John Lewis Partnership
D) Ensuring Colleague Buy-In
Kirstey O’Toole, Digital Engagement Manager, British Gas Business
E) Channel Shift
Rahna Riley, Digital Services Lead, Rochdale Borough Council
13.45 Afternoon Chair’s Remarks
Head of Corporate Communications
Greater Manchester Police
CURRENT & FUTURE TRENDS – PANEL DISCUSSION
14.00 Navigating Today’s Fast-Changing Digital Landscape & Keeping Ahead Of Digital & Customer Trends With Insights Into The Latest Innovations & New Technologies Which Could Revolutionise Digital Communications
- Just a pie in the sky? Sorting the viable opportunities from the far-fetched for innovative, engaging digital communications which keep your brand on-trend
- Virtual reality, digital billboards, the internet of things…staying ahead of the up-and-coming trends and identifying the game-changers with real practical applications and staying power
- Assessing the latest technologies to find the right fit for your digital strategy; whether tapping into target audiences, predicting unpredictable social media consumer behaviours or automating communications, what technology can make a real difference?
- Analysing the growth of paid-for versus organic reach to discover any real trends happening in digital traffic acquisition which could affect future spending priorities
- What’s hot and what’s not? Tracking the latest trends in how audiences are shifting to different platforms and finding what gets the best response
TARGETING & DATA
14.30 Capitalising On Data-Driven Targeting For Enhanced Digital Communications Which Achieve Measurable Benefits & Maximise Engagement
- The ins and outs of identifying the best channels for your target market and tailoring your digital communications for the relevant channel and audience
- Delving into big data! Marrying up data from different channels and maximising the opportunities big data presents to ensure your targeting strategy succeeds
- From direct targeting to targeted social advertising to the rise of geo-targeting, best-practice approaches to delivering targeted digital communications with tangible benefits
- Scrutinising the operational nitty gritty of targeting to maximise the impact and results of targeted, personalised digital communications
- With the introduction of the new opt-in regulations, how could this affect your target audience and opportunities for delivering effective targeted communications
Head of Digital & Partnership Innovation
Marketing & Communications Officer
University of Manchester Library
15.20 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
15.50 Harnessing Video To Maximise Digital Communications Results & Audience Engagement
- Top tips for keeping video content and design fresh, interesting and engaging
- Exploring cost-effective, innovative techniques for embedding video as part of digital communications to get the best audience response
Digital Content Manager
British Gas Business
OPTIMISING BUDGETS & RESULTS – CASE STUDY
16.10 Overcoming The Challenges Of Limited Budgets & Resources To Deliver High- Impact, Low-Cost Digital Communications
- Overcoming the challenges of small teams, limited time and low budgets to make best use of your resources and develop effective, engaging digital communications
- Striking the right balance between innovating and trying new ideas versus just getting on with the day job to ensure your messages are fresh and exciting, despite limited resources
- Low-cost tricks for proving the reach, impact and ROI of digital communications to justify future investment
- What are the secrets to delivering innovative, high-impact digital communications even without the in-house capabilities or spending possibilities of a big brand?
Head of Communications
16.30 Chairman’s Closing Remarks
16.45 Official Close Of Conference Day
For more information on how to get involved in The Digital Engagement Manchester Conference – Trends & Innovations, please call +44 (0)203 479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.